Short Interest, Volume, and Squeeze
|Security||PERF / Perfumania Holdings, Inc. (71376C100)|
|Latest Market Date||2017-09-26|
PERF / Perfumania Holdings, Inc. short volume is shown in the following chart.
Short Volume is a data set that can be used to understand investor sentiment. When an investor makes a short sale, they do so with the belief that a security will decline in price. If the short sale volume increases as a percentage of the total volume, then that suggests a bearish (negative) sentiment by the market. If short sale volume decreases as a percentage of total volume, then that suggests a bullish (positive) sentiment.
- Short Volume
- Total number of short shares traded on the major US markets each day
- Short Percent
- Total number of short shares traded divided by the total shares traded each day
- Short Interest
- Total number of open short positions of a security, divided by the total float (not shown)
- Short Squeeze
- When a company with a high degree of short interest increases in price, which forces short sellers to "cover" their short interest buy buying actual shares, which in turn drives the price up even further.
Note that Short Percent on this page is not the same as Short Interest. Short Interest is a measure of the number of open short positions of a security, divided by the total float. Short Percent is the daily short volume divided by the total volume. Short Interest is not available for this security at this time.
|Market Date||Total Volume||Short Volume||Short Percent|
Related News Stories
The 30-day grace period is expected to be used on the $12.3 million in interest due November 15 and $73 million due December 1. (23-2)
* Perfumania Holdings Inc - on Sept 19, co received a letter from staff of Nasdaq stating co’s common stock will be delisted from Nasdaq stock market (4-0)
Founded in 1993 by brothers Tom and David Gardner, The Motley Fool helps millions of people attain financial freedom through our website, podcasts, books, newspaper column, radio show, and premium investing services.
* Nussdorf Family says it is considering potential alternatives in connection with potential restructuring of operations and capital structure of perfumania holdings
2017-12-11 - Wilton
2017-12-11 - Wilton
2017-12-03 - Wilton
2017-11-27 - Wilton